Epi2 status

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 9 17:01:12 PST 2010

The epi has had repeated problems this week with chamber over pressure.
The system protects itself for damage by going into isolation.
Ted has replaced the pressure control valve (PCV) twice this week and we
are still seeing the problem.  We will look at the pump tomorrow.

The pressure deviation/overpressure  always happens during the etch
program.  So the system is not getting a complete etch.    We have shut
the system down tonight because if we continue to put deposits on the
dome (without etching) we will have to open the system and replace it.

We will send an update tomorrow.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens