Epi Reactor lower Dome coated

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 17 10:10:43 PST 2011

Good morning John B,

We are pulling the lower dome .  We had the tool already reserved for
this weekend but have contacted AMAT this morning to see if they are
free on Friday start a day earlier.  This will give us the weekend to
bake out.

Harris/Miller students with Ted Kamins, Ted Berg and I have tried just
about everything to compensate for the coating and to clean it up.  It
has cleaned up some but the temperature is still an issue.

Our hesitation in pulling the dome out sooner has been that many other
users are still getting good deposition and are also pushing to meet
deadlines.  We also hoped we could clean up the dome with out pulling it
from the system.  And we always fear that other things get disturbed
and/or it takes much longer to bring the tool back up.

We hope to have the system up by Monday afternoon and will update you on
our progress tomorrow.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens