Arsine update

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:35:02 PDT 2011

Hello John and Epi Users,

We have arsine.

The high side quarter turn valve on the arsine gas panel was off.  We
believe it has  been off since the last shutdown.  We have been using
the pressure in the line since that time.

The vavle is now open and we currently have 80 psi in the bottle.  We
believe this will get us to the end on the year if the usage rate is normal.

Epi2 doesn't use much arsine...so when the pressure dropped on Sept 8th
we were surprised and quickly ordered another bottle.  The new bottle is
still scheduled to arrive around Oct 14th (five weeks after we ordered
it).  We will schedule time to install the new bottle when it arrives.

We know this incident has caused some of you to modify recipes and give
up reserved time.  We apologize for the inconveniences and will be
putting policies in place to help prevent these type of incidents in the
future.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens