Epi: don't let epi sit in active idle

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 18 10:39:32 PDT 2012

Hi Epi Users,

Just a reminder (or if I did not bring it up in your training):

You are expected to shutdown the reactor when your your last etch is
completed.  Don't let the system sit in active idle more that an hour.
The heating lamps have a finite life.  The longer it is up a temperature
the sooner we need to replace the lamps.  The system will be down for
days when we need to replace the lower lamps.

You are responsible for unloading your own wafers and making sure the
system is etched before the next user arrives.  Do not leave a note for
the next user to unload your wafers.

You are required to fill out the log sheet.

All these are required to keep your qualification on the tool.

-m

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility