Epi2 up/do not disable tool

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 11 23:23:44 PDT 2012

From Ted:

Hello All,

DO NOT DISABLE EPI2 until we resolve the regulator issue.  As we said we have a work around for the H2 problem.

The Epi2 will stay in cold idle as long as it is enabled. So John has created a community service account that allows us to keep it up and not charge the users.

All of you now have a community service account for epi.  When you now enable Epi2 on Coral you will have a choice of your normal account and the new community service account (in the drop down menu).

In order to keep track of the status of the machine the there is now a manual sheet on the front of Epi2 that shows if you are using it or not. You must enable in your normal account when running and enable over yourself with community service when finished.

Again, DO NOT DISABLE EPI2 until we resolve the regulator issue.  If it is disable the H2 regulator will creep above the tool set point, the tool will shut itself down and the next user will not be able to start the tool.

If you aren't sure how to do this, please talk to a staff member before using the tool.