Comment evalign SNF 2008-04-10 17:21:22: Any updates on the status of repair of evalign?

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:04:46 PDT 2008

Linda:

Here is the status as I understand it:  as Gary indicated the other day,
the vacuum line was plugged.  Rather than being some form of tubing, the
vacuum line is a rather tortuous path milled into the mask plate from
one surface and then is made into an enclosed channel by gluing a metal
plate on top of it.  Gary has cleaned the channel and just completed
gluing the "cap" plate back.  It is curing overnight.

Although I don't know the exact cure time, I expect that Gary will be in
a position to test the repair in the morning.  It if once again
functions as a vacuum line, the plate should be ready to be installed.
I must confess to not knowing that machine well enough to know how much
alignment effort it takes to reinstall the mask plate .... but if vacuum
is restored, the machine should be functional soon.

I hope that helps,

John