Pumpdown

Anthony Flannery flannery at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 21 00:37:55 PST 2001

Hi Gang,

I found that the last user had left the chamber pumping down. Since
there is no trap on the pump, the general consensus was that
backstreaming of oil is more of a problem than anything else. For this
reason, it is better not to leave the chamber continually pumping down.
We could pump down, then turn off the pump before shutting down, but
since the chamber is not a high vac system, it leaks up pretty quickly
and you might as well just leave it vented. THis is how the shutdown
procedure was set the last time I checked.

Tony