any anodic bonding anomalies?

Theresa Kramer tkramer at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 2 14:45:47 PST 2004

I am writing to ask if anyone has seen anodic bonding anomalies using
evbond within the last month.  We bonded samples on Feb. 13 and Feb. 23
and saw bond strengths between silicon and pyrex that are weaker than we
expected (using water pressure, we were able to peel apart 150um wide
bonded regions with no apparent damage to the silicon or pyrex).  It may
be that our cleaning procedure is insufficient or that 150um of width is
insufficient.  However, I thought I should double check that no one had
observed systematic anomalies this past month.  The larger area bonds
seem fine, but it is hard to tell quantitatively.

If anyone has experience with bonding regions on the order of 150um
wide, either that it worked or did not, that would also be really
helpful information.

Thanks,
Theresa