Mary Tang mtang at
Thu Sep 16 16:36:09 PDT 2004

Hi all --

I get to be the reservations queen again, so here goes... in an attempt
to address difficulties in getting reservations on the system, we'd like
your feedback on the following:

1.  How often you use the tool
2.  What kind of frame (steel or anodic) do you usually use?
3.  How long your process is

This information will no doubt influence the reservation policy.  We'd
also like to get your feedback on possible reservation policy changes --
and we're thinking along the following lines:

1.  Limit the length of a single reservation during prime time to four
hours.  Reservations off-prime time should not extend into prime time.

2.  Limit the total time for reservations to 12 hours in a rolling 7-day

Let us know what you think.  I should say that the logic behind this
proposal is to encourage higher turnover during daytime hours, when
staff can be on-hand to facilitate changeover between the steel frame
and anodic bonding frame, and to limit potential hogging of the tool by
any individual.  We'd like to implement some sort of policy change as
soon as possible, so your prompt feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
CIS Room 136, Mail Code 4070
Stanford, CA  94305