Reservations

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 13:01:20 PDT 2004

Hi everyone --

No, the bonder is not quite up yet, but we thought this might be a good
opportunity to revisit the reservations policies.  Based on feedback
(thanks!)  we'd like to propose the following:

1.  Limit the length of a single reservation during prime time to four
hours.
2.  Reservations off-prime time should not extend into prime time (there
was one objection to this point, but several affirmatives.)
3.  Limit the total time for reservations to 24 hours in a rolling 7-day
period.
4.  Dedicate Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to the steel frame;
Tuesday, Thursdays, and weekends to the anodic bonding frame.
5.  Do not leave a gap of less than three hours between reservations
(since one hour is meaningless on the evbond.)

If this meets with everyone's general approval, then we'd like to start
implementing this policy as soon as possible.

Please let me know what you think --

Thanks,

Mary

--