Mary Tang mtang at
Mon Sep 27 13:01:20 PDT 2004

Hi everyone --

No, the bonder is not quite up yet, but we thought this might be a good
opportunity to revisit the reservations policies.  Based on feedback
(thanks!)  we'd like to propose the following:

1.  Limit the length of a single reservation during prime time to four
2.  Reservations off-prime time should not extend into prime time (there
was one objection to this point, but several affirmatives.)
3.  Limit the total time for reservations to 24 hours in a rolling 7-day
4.  Dedicate Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to the steel frame;
Tuesday, Thursdays, and weekends to the anodic bonding frame.
5.  Do not leave a gap of less than three hours between reservations
(since one hour is meaningless on the evbond.)

If this meets with everyone's general approval, then we'd like to start
implementing this policy as soon as possible.

Please let me know what you think --

Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
CIS Room 136, Mail Code 4070