Steel vs. quartz

Mahnaz Mansourpour mahnaz at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 23 12:39:03 PST 2009

Hello all,

Today  we experienced few issues on the bonder and I am trying to
clarify and set rules straight.

Although the latest rules  are posted on the system I can see that
easily can be overlooked or just one can   ignore it.

Just making the reservation does not justify that you would find the
system in the mode you need, especially when the reservation has been
made back to back and the individulas have not communicated with each
other. To switch from steel to quartz or visa versa due to the temp of
the plates, it requires time and   this has been communicated to all of
you during tool  training and in writing so if this understood. the only
other issue will be that the usage for anodic vs.eutectic  bonding has
changed?

As of right now,  we are set for Monday, Wednesday and Friday quartz
plate and weekend in quartz ( unless no reservation and some one request
steel) , will this wok for few of you whom using the system more than
others?

Please get back to me as soon as possible as  I did not like the
situation staffs  was put in this morning.
I have to add that Gary and Mario have made comments on the tool every
time they changed the plate so simply by looking at the comment one
should know how to go about the reservation.
I will leave the rules as it is unless I hear form you  and  I am asking
you to please honor it.

mahnaz