Comment fga2 SNF 2009-12-11 02:42:04: Don't put the end cap on all the way

ericp at snf.stanford.edu ericp at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 11 02:42:05 PST 2009

Three times this week I've been asked to help with the FGA2
endcap, and all three times it's been on waaayy tooo tight.
I think people are being told to put it on up to the makshift
"stops"(?) which is too far!
There's no reason that it has to go on far at all.  It doesn't seal,
and it doesn't need to seal.  There's a big hole in the end, on purpose.
If you just "hang" it on the end of the tube, and it's a little cocked
downwards, that's good enough.  Then to remove, you just lift a
little bit, and it comes free.   It's been getting fused in place.