Shutdown fusion SNF 2006-11-07 17:06:21: Drain water on floor

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 7 17:06:21 PST 2006

It appears as if the 1 1/2 drain line does not have an end piece and as a result water in that drain line end up on the floor rather than in the drain system.  I got a call at about 4:25 p.m. from work control indicating a "Lab Leak" alarm.  The tracetek was in
alarm with a reading of (I think) about 487 that put it in FW 15.
Looks like a total of about 1.5 to 2 gallons of water.  Paul and I
put out a number of wipes to absorb most of the water in FW15
and near the Fusion.
The joint about 36 inches to the right of the missing cap also
looks a bit suspect.
Thanks,
John