Problem gaas23 SNF 2006-01-27 14:33:02: Mouth of furnace has a piece broken off

latta at snf.stanford.edu latta at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 27 14:33:03 PST 2006

Sorry guys.  While I was loading the boat dropped onto the ground joint of the furnace and broke a piece off the bottom.
We are having a rough 24 hrs with the ground joint.  A couple of suggestions;
1)do not replace the elephant- I think we are going to see it get broken time and again.
2) replace the tube and endcap with non-ground joint style quartzware- the cap won't stick and we avoid possible problems on the furnace side of things.