Problem headway2 2002-10-21 11:58:43: chuck gone

true at snf.stanford.edu true at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 21 11:59:09 PDT 2002

The headway chucks are in a very poor state.
The one reliable chuck, it had no black o-ring and a white plastic disc, is gone. If someone has it, return it immediately. There is a brand new chuck with a white plastric disc but this one DOES NOT work with 4in wafers, the chuck part is too large.
I tried to use a chuck with the black o-ring and it broke my 2nd wafer. These chucks have broke my wafers before. My wafers are completely standard, I'm not sure if the wafers break on the cchuck or from flying off.
SNF staff and headway users, if you see that an important chuck is missing, please send out email so that users don't walk up to the machine thinking everything is OK. Even better, SNF staff, please make a list of necessary chucks, keep at least one spare, check at least every couple days to make sure that those chucks are still present, and if they are missing, pursue it by sending out email, replacing the missing chuck, and ordering another spare. It's not right to tell users they have to buy their own chucks, you should come up with a system that does not require that.