Shutdown innotec 2004-01-17 21:59:02: MDC Abort

jleu at snf.stanford.edu jleu at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 17 21:59:02 PST 2004

Unfamilar error "MDC Abort". When pumping down, the system crossed over to the cryopump as usual. The cryotemp was a little higher than usual, but well within limits (16K) When I came back, the console screen said "Process Aborted Chamber High Pressure". The pump temperature was 274K.
Because I cannot pump down, I left the machine in the vented state, with the chamber closed.
The previous user had told me of another, apparently unrelated problem, saying that he could not see the e-beam, suggesting a problem with the e-beam as well.