Shutdown innotec SNF 2005-10-26 00:12:40: Filament Would Not Turn On

gibby at snf.stanford.edu gibby at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 26 00:12:41 PDT 2005

"Interlock WFS1 WFS2" was displayed on the master console.  I've never seen this before.  It could be related to the crystal malfunction, but I thought I'd mention it.
More importantly, the filament would not turn on.  The "water" light on source 1 would not light up, even after multiple resets of the Telemark TT10/15.  Thus, the system would not allow me toturn on source 1. Instead of "off" gun filament 1 read "intlk" on the master console.  I assume that this is related to the problem.
 At that point I shut down the system, vented to remove my wafers and the targets, and pumped the system down.
As a footnote, I dropped one of my wafers during loading.  I did my best to clean up the shards, but some pieces were trapped under the platform at the bottom of the chamber.  I don't think this has anything to do with the problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Pumpdown time was 2 hours, 15 minutes.  Base Pressure was 5.7e-7 Torr.  Cryo temp was 13 K.  Pump cossover was heard on both the first and final pumpdowns.