Problem innotec SNF 2007-08-14 21:15:14: dep rate spiking / cutback light

tdo at snf.stanford.edu tdo at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 14 21:15:14 PDT 2007

1)  During my gold deposition I would frequently (every 1 min or so) see a dramatic spike in the deposition rate (2-4A/sec).  There seemed to be no change in power (volt and amps the same and no visible change of light intensity from source).  I changed the crystal in case this is a crystal problem... but if following users see the same problem, they should probably report it.
2)  The cutback light on the power supply flashed a few times during the deposition.  I have never seen this behavior before and I'm not sure what it means.  It seemed uncorrelated with issue #1 above.