Comment innotec SNF 2007-06-05 17:12:38: Pt target questionable

jameson at snf.stanford.edu jameson at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 5 17:12:39 PDT 2007

The back of the Pt target had a lot of voids and a lot of black residue before I started my deposition.  I got some Pt splatter during my deposition, so I stopped it early.  I am afraid to use it again, because I think the voids in its back might cause it to explode soon, as Pt targets have done before.  P.S., I ramped up the power VERY slowly while doing my deposition, so rapid heating cannot be the cause of the splatter.