Comment innotec SNF 2011-01-06 17:29:05: Ran Dep -Beam Problems

emyers at snf.stanford.edu emyers at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 6 17:29:06 PST 2011

I ran a fast 100Ang Al deposition to test the crystal monitor and the water flow error.  I did not have a problem with either of these issues.  Both worked fine.  The beam, however is in poor shape.  There seems to be a very small area where it is in focus.  The location is near the edge of the source and could cause problems if ran. The beam size increases very rapidly with only small movement.  I also was seeing unstable high voltage.  It was very unstable when I turned on the power supply.  The variations became less with time, but continued while the high voltage was on.