Warnings on Innotec

Anthony Flannery flannery at leland.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 30 20:09:58 PST 2000

Planetary -
Visually verify that the planetary is turning.
Twice now the planetary has seized on me when the chamber has been
pumped down.  When I vent and open the chamber, I am not able to
reproduce the problem. Both the ferrofluidic drive and the planetary
appear to turn with no problem independently. My guess is that it is
being caused by a misalignment when the jar is lowered. I have not been
able to recover from this without venting.

Once this happens, the controller drive controller must be reset. You
can find me, Robin, or Chris Storment to do this.

VCS Controller