Innotec Status Update/Problems/Reservation

Anthony Flannery flannery at leland.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 21 08:52:40 PDT 2001

Hi All,

Jim, Chris Storment and I swapped out the shields on Friday. Jim did a
lot of work to remove the flakes from the edge of the shields so the
machine looks cleaner than it has in a long time.

The dummy wafers have all been replaced and are currently loaded.

The ion gun is still in place. I will be using it once more.

When I went to do the Al pre-dep, the chiller would not turn on even
after filling with DI water, and kept tripping its circuit breaker when
I reset it. System is currently shutdown.

I put another shutdown on the system for the Al pre-dep. Because this is
so important (it's the only way the shields can be chemically cleaned),
I wanted to make sure no user enabled the system until it had been done.
Either a staff member will have to enable over the shutdown to do the
pre-dep, or they should verify (with a blood oath) that the first user
who uses the machine after the chiller is fixed will do the pre-dep
before removing the shutdown.

My motivation for doing all this was my need for a long 3-day deposition
in a very clean chamber. Since I loose this weekend, I will be doing it
next weekend (assuming the chiller is up). I have begun reserving out as
far as I can, and will continue to do so from Friday morning at 8:00 AM
through Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM, but since I am limited to a week in
advance I won't be able to complete the reservation until Tuesday.
Should some enterprising user nab a time slot over that period, it will
avail him or her not. Once my wafers are loaded only an act of Congress
or God will budge them from their planetary fixtures. (Can you tell it's
been a long night?)

Tony