Innotec is down

Ofer Levi levi at snowmass.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 02:10:33 PST 2004

Hi all,
Innotec is down. At the end of my deposition last night, when I lowered the
bell jar, it somehow rotated and on the way down hit one of the rods that
is holding the planetary and slightly bent it. I changed the system status
to RED and reported it on Coral.
My guess is that the mechanism that is supposed to prevent it from rotating
while the bell jar is lowering could be loose. I noticed that when I
lowered it while another user was holding the bell jar so we can close the
system for the night, the bell jar was swinging and rotating beyond  what I
am used to and the other user needed to stabilize it all the way down. This
may have been the reason why it rotated on the way down and hit the rod.
The bell jar is lowered down but can not fully seal.
I will update Jeannie and Mary Tang in the morning on the incident.

Regards,
Ofer

Ofer Levi,      Ph.D.
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
CIS-X Rm 310,  Stanford, CA 94305-4075

Phone:                             (650)723-0464 or 725-6907
Fax:                                              (650)723-4659
Adm. Asst.: Gail Chun-Creech                  Ph:  (650)723-0983
E-Mail:                          levi at snow.stanford.edu
Web page:               http://snow.stanford.edu/~levi/