New Crystal Holder with Crystal Snatcher

Jeannie Perez jperez at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:05:06 PST 2005

Hi All,
Jim Haydon has replaced the old  two drawer crystal holder to a single
crystal sensor head. You'll have to hold on to the base with one hand
while pulling down on the crystal sensor head (be gentle). After you
have removed the crystal holder, you'll need the crystal snatcher. Its
purpose is to extract the ceramic retainer thereby gaining access to the
crystal. The crystal snatcher is BLACK and will be left in the bag with
crystal dials. Make sure you put it back for the next user.

The crystal snatcher is inserted into the ceramic retainer and a small
amount of pressure applied. This tends to lock the retainer into the
catcher and allows the retainer to be pulled straight out. Once the
crystal has been changed, the retainer may be inserted into the sensor
cover and a slight side-to-side motion will release the crystal
snatcher. Replace the sensor head back into the holder. Verify (Maxtek)
on the upper right side of the screen that the display reads, " Process
Ready".

Please, let me know if you would like a hands on training or just get a
hold of me and I'd be happy to show you. Any questions please see me.
--
Jeannie Perez
Science and Engineering Technician