F.Y.I., Pd using a tungsten liner has arrived

Jeannie Perez jperez at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 6 14:56:22 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,
I tried Pd in a W liner today and it seem to need low power. The
Palladium source started to spit material as I increased power (6%).
I brought it down to 5% and deposition rate range was from 4.8 to 5.8
angstrom per second, this would be OK for a thick deposition.
For a thin layer of Pd try 3 or 4 %. Currently we are using C5
crucible for Pd with a W liner, but I would like to have it changed
to C3 or C4 crucible. I will up date this email if the desired
crucible changes.
Regards,

Jeannie Perez
Science and Engineering Technician