the resistivity of Pt deposited from Innotec

Deji A. dejia at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 14 21:50:52 PST 2006

C.C
Accurately measuring the resistivity especially for thin film Pt is
quite difficult because pt doesn't stick well to oxide. As a result, an
adhesion layer such as Ti or W is needed. Both of these buffer layers
form oxides and you will likely end up with a stack of Ti (or W), their
native oxides, and then Pt. Extracting the resistivity contribution of
just Pt will require very careful planning and calibration.
For my case, i had a 10nm layer of W and 20nm Pt and the measured
resistivity (after anneal) was about 80uohm-cm which is about ~10X the
bulk value of the combination (reference: wikipedia). If anyone has a
reference to thin film resistivity data, it will be very helpful to the
innotec community.
I hope this helps.

Many Cheerz
Deji A.