Bell Jar not laying flat in the BACK

Eric Perozziello eap at gloworm.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 14 23:28:25 PDT 2007

Just a quick but urgent safety note here:  I'm not sure if
I understand the instructions (maybe I misinterpret it), but I
would highly advise AGAINST bringing down the bell jar by
having one person hold the two "DOWN" buttons while someone else
puts their hands on the bell jar!   There are several non-
obvious pinch points and suprisingly large forces involved.

There is a very good reason why there are TWO buttons required
to lower the bell jar-  To eliminate the temptation
of an operator putting one free hand on the moving bell jar!

Having painfully lost a fingernail, and almost my whole finger
doing something stupid like this, I am now a little smarter and
still have all 10 fingers.    :^)

-Eric (not "lefty")