shadowing question

Rohan Deodatta Kekatpure rohank at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 4 16:05:39 PST 2008

Hi Filip,

Kapton tape is a definite NO. Its residue is evil. Cannot be removed by any known chemical/Process in SNF. There is a company that sells shadow masks. Cant remember the name but they were in one of the job fairs. You might try searching online. If the lead time is not too much (>Dec 17th) you can give it a try. It is a clean method. Otherwise, for the time being try the blue vacuum tape in the stock room.

If you can tolerate some Kapton residue on the very end of your wafer, you can ask Tim brand (in ginzton) to dice 10 mm wide silicon pieces for you. you can then glue them to your wafer using Kapton tape at the end. Once you are done just remove them

-Rohan