innotec status?

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 13 11:39:53 PDT 2008

Grace, Xinran, and Innotec community ...

I've spoken with Jim Haydon.  The chiller has been repaired and I've
been authorized to clear the shutdown. There is a chance that either the
gun or chamber cooling water flow switches will need to be adjusted ....
apparently these switches are rather sensitive and flow that is either
too low or too high will cause them to report a failure.  At this point,
I don't know enough about those switches to know how to adjust them.
However I believe that Jim may stop by early this afternoon to look at them.

To my knowledge, Jeannie's wafers (described below) are still in the
system and still need to have an evaporation of 1000 A of aluminum on them.

If someone is nearby and can test whether they can do this evaporation
or whether the water interlock still seems to show, I'm sure that we'd
all be appreciative.  If you can get the interlock to fire up, please
send out email to this mailing list.  If you still see an interlock
error, please tell us which one.   Either Jim or I will try to resolve that.

Here is Jeannie's request for an evaporation ...

> I left the chamber loaded with the Aluminum starter source. Two test
> wafers loaded, one with a shadow mask. If you happen to be the one
> unloading please be careful.  If Innotec comes up, please run a 1000 A
> of Alum and save  them for me.
Thanks for your support,

John