innotec status?

Xinran Wang xinranw at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 13 14:45:29 PDT 2008

Hi John,

I just tested innotec and everything was fine except the view port. All the
interlocks are gone and vacuum is very good, and I was able to power it up
with no problem. The problem only is the viewport, which is totally dark and
I cannot see anything through (seems to be a problem for a while).

I also talked to Eric and it seems that he already finished the Al
deposition and took the test wafers out. I just put my wafer in and Eric and
I will do my deposition later today, which is pretty thin and doesn't need
too high power.

Innotec users should be very cautious if you decide to use the system. Eric
suggested that only experienced user that can deposit without looking
through the viewport should use the system.

Thanks,
Xinran