PROTOCOL FOR INNOTEC

Jeannie Perez jperez at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 27 14:45:06 PDT 2009

All Innotec Users,

 Innotec requires a lot of attention and it takes every User to do their
part to keep the system running correctly and being considerate to others.

Even though the Innotec Chamber is pumping down  faster, _I  want a
minimum reservation of  TWO HOURS._ _*If you are doing more then two
metal depositions, I want to see a three hours reservation time.

*_Here are some of the reasons for the longer reservation;
1) We've changed some parts and they seem to peel sooner.  YOU'D NEED TO
REPLACE and/OR VACUUM THE SYSTEM!
2) Users are depositing thicker films, which causes peeling sooner.YOU'D
NEED TO REPLACE and/OR VACUUM THE SYSTEM!
3) Innotec needs to be vacuum more often then what it is, to keep from
cross contaminating our starter sources.
4) Innotec may NOT always operate the same, which requires more time
(you will use the next user's reservation time.)   BE CONSIDERATE
5) Users go beyond their reservation due to Innotec problems ( changing
crystal, changing shutter, et cetera).and keeps others waiting. BE
CONSIDERATE
6) Seeing more starter sources oxidized,  damaged more often.  Having to
replace them  more often. YOU NEED  ENOUGH TIME TO DO A GOOD JOB.
7) Searching for missing tools to operate Innotec properly (chisel,
flashlight, tweezers, polyemide tape, etc.).  ANNOYING AND TIME CONSUMING.

I had to wait for the previous user to finish, which ran into my time. I
had to vacuum the system, cleaning up after those that didn't.
Remember that when you make a reservation your not being charged for the
reservation, but for the time enabled.

YOU NEED TO REMEMBER TO CANCEL YOUR INNOTEC RESERVATION WITH A MINIMUM
TIME OF TWELVE HOURS, so that others have a change to  rearrange their
schedule and prep their wafers. I am seeing too many cancellations and
last minute cancellations. Users need to be considerate to the Innotec
community.

Best Regards,
Jeannie Perez