New Hearth and Copper liners

Jeannie Perez nperez at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 8 15:29:40 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

On Monday the 12th of April I will  be loading Metals with the new
set-up (new hearth, copper liners and metals). Whoever is interested can
come by Innotec to preview the loading changes and ask any questions.
We'll start  at 8AM in front of Innotec.  The other big change with this
new set-up will be power used for each Metal/Materials. Starting at 10
AM on April 12th we'll deposit some of the metals so you can see the
powers and sweep be used. The sources are kept cooler so you won't see
them glow like before. We will not use a 25cc Aluminum because all six
pockets (crucibles) are 15cc Truncated cone shape. The Liner volumes are
for 15cc or 7cc truncated cone shape Metal/Material starter sources.
If anyone is using their own starter sources this would be a great time
to let us know so that we can set up or order the right size and amount
of copper liners.
Hope to see you there,
Jeannie and Jim Haydon