Innotec Nickel recipe / program tampered with

Jeannie Perez nperez at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 12 14:14:26 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
We had a User that deposited 200nm of Nickel and discovered that it was
only about 780 angstroms. This morning prior to running a nickel test I
cheeked
the recipe and the tooling factor had been changed. When I qualified the
Innotec on July 29th with 100nm of Alum, all was OK.  I changed the
tooling factor
on the Ni recipe from 100% to 40% before running this morning's test.

This morning I ran two test wafers with 100nm of Alum and a second pump
down running Nickel with 100nm. I quickly did a couple of measurements
on the'
Alpha Step 500 and the Nickel test wafer measured 1041 and 1063
angstroms. Jim Kruger will measure both test wafers, one on the
Prometrix's and the other on Alpha Step 500 again. I checked several
recipes and only found the Nickel with the wrong correction factor
(tooling factor).

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS ANYONE TO  CREATE, CHECKOUT OR EDIT A RECIPE ON
INNOTEC. IF YOU FEEL YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE A RECIPE, PLEASE NOTIFY STAFF
AND THEY CAN ASSIST YOU.

This is the second time we have found a problem with the Nickel recipe
this summer. I also discovered the plastic
baggy with the pellets inside had been melted. This means the the Nickel
starter source need to be cooled more
before venting or replacing back into the Jar. I replaced the Nickel
starter source. This is the second one in two weeks.
Jeannie