Innotec Down Status

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 6 17:50:15 PST 2011

All,

The staff worked on the Innotec this afternoon and was able to clear
all of the faults (crystal monitor and water flow).  I ran a quick
deposition to verify the tool was functional.  While the faults were
corrected, I did not like what I saw with the beam shape and
focus.  As a result, I put the system down.

Besides the high voltage not being stable, the beam parameters result
in a risky situation.  If I attempted to center the beam at the
center of the source, the beam became so large it was interacting
with the edge of the pocket.  If I moved the beam in to a focused
condition, then the beam was on the copper hearth.  As a result, I
shutdown the system to protect our hardware and sources.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Ed