Innotec shutdown - cryo pump failure

Dong Rip Kim dongrip at stanford.edu
Sat Nov 5 10:54:11 PDT 2011

Dear innotec users,

Today morning, when I pressed the reset button 30 sec after turning on the main power, the vac and hvac lit off with a big sound. Before this, the pressure was, of course, normal ~ 4e-7 torr. The cryo pump temperature rapidly goes up (currently 166K). Since that, I couldn't run even the roughing pump because the pumping menu disappeared from the screen. The chamber is now left at atmospheric pressure.

I know the innotec is fully reserved during this weekend... I'm really sorry to deliver this bad news.

Dong Rip