Reservations reminder

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Sat Dec 1 13:20:30 PST 2012

Dear Innotec users --

We realize reservations are difficult.   Although the innotec is
arguably the most heavily booked tool in the lab (> 90%), it is not the
most heavily utilized at only 58% (time enabled by labmembers versus
time the machine is available for use, for Nov, 2012.  By comparison,
Epi2 was at 73%.)

This would suggest that the innotec community could improve on
reservation use, as the machine seems to have several hours of idle time
each day on average.  As we wind down towards lab shutdown, and many are
trying to finish up, it would help everyone if you could observe the
following:

1. delete reservations you can't use, as soon as possible -- and send a
note to innotec at snf to let everyone know.
2.  Share the ride -- use the innotec at snf list to "carpool" on common
films.  If it helps, we staff can help you manage splitting or
transferring costs on Coral.
3.  Work with each other.  Talk with each other.  Contact your favorite
staff member if there are issues.

Processing can be unpredictable - especially when reservations are a
week in advance.  But if everyone communicates and works together, we
can all make better use of this scarce resource.

Thanks for your attention --

Your SNF Staff