Innotec Reservations!!

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 13 15:31:12 PDT 2012

Dear innotec users --

Utilization on this system (hours enabled/total time available) is at a
year-long high of over 60% (typically 50-55%).  Realizing reservations
are difficult to get on this system, we do ask that you play fairly.
There have been complaints of the following:

- People not showing up for reservations or removing them when they are
not used.
- People making reservations for others in order to get around the
reservation limit policy.
- People making reservations under different projects in order to get
around the reservation limit policy.

This type of behavior is inconsiderate and not acceptable.  We ask that
you please observe the following:

1.  Cancel your reservation as soon as you realize you will not be using
it.   Deleting your reservation would be best.  If you can't use your
reservation with short notice, send an email out to
innotec at snf.stanford.edu to let people know your time slot is available.

2.  Do not make reservations you do not intend to use yourself.

3.  If you make reservations under different projects, you are expected
to enable under these projects.

Please be warned that SNF staff can and will delete the reservations of
those who are not acting courteously.

For people who really need to get onto the system, starting next week,
we've reserved 2 am-6am Monday-Friday.  If you've been unable to get a
reservation, you can ask a staff member for one of these off-hours
slots.  If a slot is unclaimed (i.e., not reserved for jperez, maurice,
or mtang), it can be used by anyone.

Thanks for your attention -- and please forward to anyone who may not be
on this list.

Your SNF Staff

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.