[innotec] Ti/Al/Pt/Au thin film deposition on GaN

Minmin Hou mmhou at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 4 14:21:25 PDT 2013

Hi J,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Well, these numbers are from the papers I was reading. My worry is that the thickness of Ti is quite small (~20nm). Can innotec do such a thin layer? About the gold, based on the paper, it says that the thickness of gold does not matter very much. So I guess I can try both thick and thin.

Is innotec better or is metallica better? What about the stress of the metal films deposited by innotec? We will be looking at high-temperature device operation, so the stress is an important issue. I read from SNF wiki that evaporated metal adheres worse than sputtered metals in general. How worse can it be?

Many thanks!

Minmin

Minmin Hou
PhD student in ELectrical Engineering