[innotec] Ti/Al/Pt/Au thin film deposition on GaN

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 4 15:01:23 PDT 2013

minmin,
i would say innotec is better purely because you can do the full deposition
in one pump down.  innotec can definitely handle the 20nm Ti.  a quartz
crystal microbalance is available to measure film deposition in situ.  i'm
not confident on the calibration for each metal, but this technique can be
accurate to a few A in deposition thickness, so you should be just fine.

the film stress will be relatively low in innotec, i would questimate about
100MPa for the various metals you are looking at.  adhesion is worse in
evaporation than sputtering in general, but it isn't really that much
different in innotec than metallica.  it is not noticeably different in my
experience.

you can measure the film stress with the stresstest and potentially efforts
can be made to further reduce stress if necessary.