update on fse work

Mahnaz Mansourpour mahnaz at stanford.edu
Fri May 7 11:16:30 PDT 2010


Hello all,

Here is the update on the work we did on karlsuss 1 the last few days.
The WEC head was out of order, so was removed and  rebuild.
Many adjustment was made to areas that usually should not be adjusted.
Found a tear on the vacuum line to the mask holder and corrected that.
Adjusted throttle  on nitrogen flow from 1 turn to 2 turns flow.
after all these adjustment  i still was not happy with resolution when 
we tried different mask holder it al looked better.
I took the original light weighted mask holder out and replaced it with 
another one that we had gotten a a donation while back.

Please do not bang or drop the mask holder on the table.
Please let us know of any problem and issues with the system and let 
Gary and Mario know about first.

mahnaz





More information about the karlsuss mailing list