Problem karlsuss2 2002-10-29 18:50:49: "machine in dangerous condition"

mcconnel at snf.stanford.edu mcconnel at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 29 06:50:50 PST 2002

As I was ready to use the KarlSuss this evening, there was a message on the screen that said "the machine is in a dangerous condition."  It prompted me to push enter to acknowledge this, so I did, hoping it would solve the problem.  However, this led to a series of additional problems it wanted me to deal with and acknowledge.  Not knowing what I was doing, I decided it would be best not to proceed.  I'm not sure what caused the machine to become like this;  as I said, it was this way when I walked up to it so I really don't know what happened.