Comment karlsuss2 SNF 2010-05-19 11:13:24: 4" wafer alignment ok

lindaw at snf.stanford.edu lindaw at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 19 11:13:26 PDT 2010

I exposed 8 4" wafers.  The alignment is spot on.  When I align, I check the alignment using the "alignment check" button directly below the "exposure" button.  This brings the wafer into soft/hard contact (depending on the program chosen), and any shift can be seen and corrected for by pressing the "alignment check" button to release and re align to adjust for any shift. Repeat until you are satisfied with the alignment, then hit expose while wafers are aligned in contact with the mask.  If you are using the "align cont/exp" button (above the arrow buttons) to check your alignment, and then hit expose, you may see a shift, but  only after development.  I advise trying to do the pieces and use the "alignment check" button to check alignment before exposure.  Hope that helps.