Update on hanging sessions ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 22 15:59:11 PDT 2000

SNF Lab Members:

We are working with folks from Sun to try to pinpoint the cause of the
"permanently wedged with the mini-hourglass" condition that some of you see
periodically.  Sun has helped us to institute more detailed logging of each
session startup to see if we can find out specifically where in the process
things are getting locked.

It will help us, however, if you send us e-mail as soon as you get a hung
session so that we can check the logfiles quickly ... if there are too many
logins following the hung session, those logs will be overwritten.

Thanks for your help ...