Outsources

Ching-Hsiang Cheng cheng1 at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 1 12:35:34 PST 2000

Dear lab members,

  I have received many informations from our lab members.  Thanks for
their inputs.  Here are all I got.

A GREAT place to get ion implants done locally is Core Systems (ask for
Chuck).
They are in Santa Clara at (408) 919-1949
They do great work, and can implant almost anything (not radioisotopes).
They can implant at ion energies below 1 keV and above several 100 keV.
I've used them a lot, and have had every sample work exactly as designed.
Hope that helps

Betty Young

I just sent out wafers to process specialties for 0.5
um of LTO ($650/lot). Their web site is
procosspecialties.com

Randy True

Tom Carver (carver at ee) in the Ginzton Microfab has evaporation and
sputtering facilities and can do some of the depositions for you.

Krishnan Parameswaran

Have you looked at the MEMS exchange?  http://www.mems-exchange.org/
Stanford is a member and so is Berkeley.  Several labmembers here have
used Berkeley through the MEMS exchange.

Mary Tang

Try the MEMS-Exchange... its a "virtual" fab that
utilizes many different fab facilities (university and commercial),
maybe they can help:  www.mems-exchange.org

Carolyn Tull

Actually, they have process staff who handle the MEMS exchange
material.  Only standard processes, as they appear on the website, are
available.  Cornell and MIT are also members.  I am not sure what the
turnaround time is, but I've sent stuff that's been processed through an
LPCVD furnace at Berkeley in just a couple of days (the film was good, but
the wafers got slightly warped, so perhaps it wasn't all that useful...)

Mary Tang

Nu Ions in San Jose will do an implant for $125/25 wafers. Turn around is
a day or two. Very reliable.

Also: I use ASAP delivery service to send them there. It's $30 one-way, 2
hr delivery. If time is more valuable than money, this is the way to go
(not to mention not having the stress of driving on 101!).

Dan Grupp

I buy wafers for very high resistivity (>1000 ohm-cm) from Silicon Quest
International Inc.
http://www.siliconquest.com/

There is a very good wafer polishing service with quick turnaround time
(around 4 days) and resonable prices ($150.00/lot, 1 lot = 4 wafers)
in San Jose
http://www.aptekindustries.com/

Ching-Hsiang Cheng