"Hourglassed" SunRays ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 10 10:20:17 PDT 2000

SNF Lab Members:

This morning we applied a patch from Sun that they believes fixes a problem
that been causing hourglassed sessions for a number of SunRay users.
Hopefully, this will eliminate the hourglassed sessions that we have been
seeing.

However, if you do see a session become "hourglassed" (this is the little
hourglass that most often occurs after you login, after the console window
opens, but usually before either the Netscape icon or the Coral application
appears) please send me e-mail telling me when it happened, which sunray you
were at, etc.  Also, while you can log in at another Sunray (which usually
works) .... please try to not login more times than that so that I can take a
look at some of the diagnostic log files. (We only have access to the most
recent 3 logins for each of you ....)

Thanks for your help and patience .... I'm hopeful that Sun has finally
resolved this problem.