Cell Phone Survey (Land-Line Luddites please ignore)

Dan Grupp grupp at snow.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 20 09:23:58 PDT 2000

Dear Cell Phone Users (CPU's),
   As many CPUs now know, cell phone service may be unreliable in the
cleanroom. It would save current and especially future CPUs time if we
knew which services worked and which didn't. If you have a phone which
works, or one which doesn't, please email me with (just reply and fill in
below),

0)works (y/n):
1)the carrier (MCI, ATT...):
2)the technology (TDMA, CDMA, PCS...):
3)the phone model (Nokia 5120, Ericson...):

It is essential to include the technology (TDMA, CDMA, PCS...) as
this is likely the determining factor in reception. I'll post a
compilation of the results (so don't reply to ALL!).

Thanks,
Dan "Hang up and drive" Grupp

Dr. Daniel Grupp, Visiting Scholar
Center for Integrated Systems