Shadowmask alignment

Beth Pruitt pruitt at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 22 15:51:16 PDT 2000

Please reply to this email if you could you benefit from a tool for
aligning shadowmasks to a wafer. I have been using shadowmasks for
depositing gold on released structures and I know several other folks have
done this with other metals and homemade fixtures, the problem is the
alignment is not very good.

EV apparently has a chuck for the aligner/bonder that will align
shadowmasks to a wafer and clamp them together in a carrier made to go into
sputterers and evaporators. If there is sufficient interest to justify it,
we could get one for our EV system. Please let me know if you could use
such a tool. Shadowmasks are available from places like Photo Sciences for
example.

Thanks
Beth Pruitt
pruitt at stanford.edu