Coral Equipment Enable Status ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 7 10:39:36 PDT 2001

SNF Lab Members:

As you know, we are experiencing network problems that prevent the main Coral
servers from communicating with the machine that actually controls the machine
hardware interlocks.

Accordingly, I have issued a hardware "all on" ... so that all of the green
lights are ON and that all equipment should behave properly.

HOWEVER, EVERYONE NEEDS TO ENABLE AND DISABLE EQUIPMENT NORMALLY IN CORAL ...
this will check for proper qualification and keep appropriate activity and
accounting records.  When you disable equipment, you will see that your name
will disappear behind the equipment name on the coral display ... but the
hardware ON light will stay on.

This has been done to keep the lab fully functional while we track down and
resolve this problem.  Please enable and disable equipment on Coral normally
and do not abuse this special operational mode.  Taking a page out of CHP
rules which double traffic fines in a construction zone ... anyone found
operating equipment which has not been properly enabled in Coral will have
their April lab charges doubled. (That will include staff, supplies,
equipment, overhead, etc.)

Thank you for your cooperation ... have a productive weekend.

John and the Coral Development Team.