Coral hardware enable/disable back to normal!

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 8 09:54:05 PDT 2001

SNF Lab Members:

Mike Bell found and replaced a defective optical fiber transceiver in one of
our network switches that caused the recent enable/disable problems on Coral.
As this is the second such failure in the past 2 months, we will be working
with 3Com to try to avoid these hardware problems in the future.

Accordingly, we've re-enabled hardware interlocks and made sure that hardware
enable/disable status is consistent with that shown in the Coral database.

Please resume normal enable/disable operations.

Thank you for your continued support,

Your Coral Development Team