Regarding Gas Supplies

Dick Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 16 17:47:35 PST 2001

As some of you are aware, in the past two weeks we have run out of three
process gases. This is simply unacceptable and quite embarrassing to me.
Measures taken last year have proven to be inadequate. To prevent future
interruptions I have taken the following measures:

1. All gas pressures and/or weight will be recorded daily.
2. Use trends plotted weekly.
3. Inaccurate scales will be replaced.
4. Where allowable by space and permit restrictions, spare bottles will
be ordered ahead and placed in stock.
5. The ordering process will be streamlined. (Some gases have taken ten
weeks to arrive.)

As members of the fab community, I need you to notify me, Ray, or Mike
Dickey of any anticipated change in gas use rate least you surprise us.

Thanks for your help.

Dick Crane